David Tiedemann shares his recipe for these delicious Cinnamon Balls.
175g ground almonds
75g caster sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
oil, for greasing
icing sugar to coat
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Mix together the ground almonds, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk the egg whites until they stiffen and fold enough into almond mixture to make a fairly firm mixture.
3. Wet your hands with cold water and roll small spoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place these at intervals on the baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes. They should be slightly soft inside, do not over cook or they will get too hard.
5. Slide a palette knife under the balls to release them from the baking sheet and leave to cool. Once the cinnamon balls are cool sift some icing sugar on top to coat.